Augmented Reality technology has the potential to revolutionize the furniture retail industry by providing customers with an immersive shopping experience. With AR, customers can visualize how a piece of furniture would look in their homes before making a purchase. This sensorial digital universe makes for an immersive online shopping experience that’s both impactful and effective. And here’s something you probably didn’t know: according to Centric Digital Augmented Reality, furniture is the top retail product people want to shop with AR, scoring a whopping 60%, followed by 55% for clothing and a 39% for groceries.
So, how is AR used in furniture retail? And how does it help retailers empower their businesses?
AR in Furniture Retail – The What and the How
In the past two years, the furniture industry has experienced a massive digital transformation, shifting the way consumers browse and shop for furniture and home décor. In fact, AR has had a huge impact on the furniture retail industry, as the latter grew from $564.17 billion to $671.07 billion in 2021. That is a substantial growth of 18.9%. Tremendous, right?
Now the question remains, how can AR be used in furniture retail? Here’s our little breakdown:
- In-store Experience: Furniture retailers can use AR to enhance the in-store shopping experience by allowing customers to see how a piece of furniture would look in their home before making a purchase. This can be done through the use of AR displays or mobile apps.
- Online Shopping: Furniture retailers can also use AR technology to enhance the online shopping experience by allowing customers to see how furniture would look in their home through the use of AR-enabled mobile apps or websites. This allows customers to make informed purchasing decisions without having to physically visit a store.
- Customization: AR technology can also be used to allow customers to customize furniture by allowing them to visualize different color options or add-ons before making a purchase.
- Product Demonstration: AR can also be used to demonstrate the features and benefits of furniture products in an interactive and engaging way.
Quite the immersive and creative way for furniture retailers to differentiate themselves from competitors, isn’t it?
So, How Does AR Empower Businesses?
To understand how AR technologies empower businesses, one needs to understand the competitive advantages they bring to retailers. Indeed, AR can provide significant benefits to both furniture retailers and customers. How? Well it goes a bit like this:
- Improved Customer Experience: Augmented reality (AR) technology creates a shopping experience that is both immersive and interactive, leading to heightened customer satisfaction and loyalty. By giving customers the ability to virtually view furniture in their own home prior to purchase, AR empowers them to make informed buying decisions. Additionally, AR provides furniture retailers with a powerful tool for setting themselves apart from competitors and staying ahead of the curve.
- Increased Sales: With AR technology, sales can skyrocket and returned items can be reduced. Customers can preview furniture in their own home before making a purchase, which ultimately results in fewer returns and greater customer satisfaction. This not only saves time and money for businesses, but it also optimizes overall efficiency.
- Enhanced Product Visualization: AR technology revolutionizes the way furniture retailers present the features and benefits of their products by offering a more engaging and interactive experience. This immersive experience allows customers to gain a better understanding of the products and make informed purchasing decisions with confidence.
- Customization: AR technology transforms the customer experience by offering customization options through visualization of different color options and add-ons. This level of personalization results in increased customer engagement and buyer confidence, while also setting retailers apart from their competitors.
- Increased Accessibility: AR technology is a game-changer in making furniture shopping more accessible to customers, as it enables them to visualize furniture in their home via AR-enabled mobile apps or websites. This is especially beneficial for customers who are unable to visit a physical store, providing them with a unique opportunity to explore and select products from the comfort of their own home.
· Better Data Analytics: AR technology can provide businesses with valuable data and insights into customer behavior and preferences. This can help businesses make informed decisions about product development, marketing strategies, and customer service empowering businesses to make informed decisions that ultimately lead to greater customer satisfaction and loyalty.
A Game-Changer Technology For both Furniture Retail Businesses and Customers
If furniture retailers are not gearing up with AR to stay ahead of the competition, then we might as well assume it’s a lost battle. Today, AR in mobile apps and websites is the gateway to improved shopping and customer-centric experiences. Customers need to feel like they can control the way they shop and browse; and their thirst for this kind of “palpable” sense of realism can only be quenched through AR technologies that allow them to immerse themselves in an out-of-this-world experience.